The Cycle University Varsity cyclo-cross program will once again be taking on the Northwest cyclo-cross circuit for 2012. All of these riders and support personnel have been recruited for both their professionalism, ability, sportsmanship, attitude, committment to the sport, and the ability to work in a team setting.



Saturday, October 22, 2011

Woolley 'Cross

Today, I went up to Sedro Woolley for the Woolley 'Cross race. This has become a muddy classic course and is a blast to ride and race. With constant elevation changes, great rooted stepped run-up, twists, wet, wet, and more wet, its one of my favorite races.
I was accompanied by my friend and neighbor, Scott who came to help me before and during the race in the pits, and to just share some good company. The rest of the team was taking a day off, preparing for tomorrows race in the MFG series. I was flying the colors solo.
Since the Cascade Cross Series Masters age is 40, and my racing age is 39, I raced in the Pro/Elite category. Fortunately things went pretty well and I was able to work in the front group for a couple laps to "make an escape". I eventually fell off the hot pace of eventual winner, Steve Fischer of Rad Racing, and when the race was done, I had finished in 7th place. Fairly pleased with my ride, we packed things up and went home to clean everything up only to do it all again tomorrow for MFG #4/Marymoor in Redmond.
Good day!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment